Our Saab needs to be replaced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Saab needs to be replaced

Our 2010 Saab 9-5 Aero, which has been with us as a family car, needs to be replaced next year. I need some help sorting through the possibilities.

My wife Margaret will use it most. She drives our two teenage kids to shool. Next year one goes of to college, so that will reduce that by one. She drives by herself to job sites in the tri-state area. In the weekends we drive together to our place in the Catskills Park. Our kids are coming less an less with us (or are coming later by bus), so we don't need a full four or five seater.

Four wheel drive is a must (with sometimes three months of snow upstate). Margaret also misses the gobs of horsepower and torque she had in the Cayenne Turbo, but does not want a SUV any more.

I was leaning towards an Audi RS5, but I'm not so sure any more

Please discuss.....
    Rijk

Look at the Jaguar XF they will have a AWD version in the USA.
    I bought my Wife a XFR a few years ago best sedan hands down
    A real sleeper

Comment

I agree with Panoz, the Jag XF is gorgeous, stands out AND is available with AWD nowadays.

A quick short list:
      Audi RS5
      Audi S5 Convertible
      Audi S6
      BMW 6 Convertible
      Jaguar XF
      Jaguar XJ
      Porsche Panamera

Comment

Originally posted by panoz1 View Post
        Look at the Jaguar XF they will have a AWD version in the USA.
        I bought my Wife a XFR a few years ago best sedan hands down
        A real sleeper
        I thought that the Jaguar AWD only came with a 3.0L V6. That is the same as the Saab, and deemed underpowered by Margaret's right foot:lol:
        Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by SpykerOwner View Post
          Audi RS5
          the Audi has a 4.2L V8 and 450HP at 8250RPM, but only 317LB of Torque at 4000RPM. Then it hit me. This is the Gallardo engine with two cylinders cut off. A high revving, powerfull, but low torque engine. Must be very good sound, especially with the optional sports exhaust.

When given a choice between the R8 V8, and the R8V10, I would probably choose for the V8. Torque v HP.

It is the difference between driving the Spyker and the Ferrari 430. If you are not on track, the Spyker gives more pleasure in the bottom 80% of driving while the top 20% is better in the Ferrari (V8).

I think, but have no proof, that the RS5 is more like the Ferrari.
          Rijk

Comment

If you want torque pick the V8 tdi
            The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
              That is the same as the Saab
              The Saab is 'only' a 2.8, the jag has 200c more (and + 40 bhp / + 50 Nm)

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
                the Audi has a 4.2L V8 and 450HP at 8250RPM, but only 317LB of Torque at 4000RPM.
                ..but the Audi has 1.5 x Rijk less weight to carry around compared to the Saab.

Comment

Originally posted by IVR007 View Post
                  If you want torque pick the V8 tdi
                  800 Nm @ 1,750 rpm

Comment

BMW 5 series GT?
                    Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

Originally posted by Laviolette GT2R View Post
                      BMW 5 series GT?
                      The GT series of the BMW belong to the most ugliest cars on this planet. (personal opinion)

Comment

Originally posted by SpykerOwner View Post
                        Porsche Panamera
                        I would think that the Panamera GTS at $120K is pretty much our upper limit, or we could look for a second hand Turbo.
                        Rijk

Comment

Exactly It truly is a great car with waves and waves of torque

Comment

Originally posted by IVR007 View Post
                            Exactly It truly is a great car with waves and waves of torque
                            I think that there are no TDI's in the US, other than the 2L in the A3 and Golf or so. There is a 3L in the Touareg and Q7, but it is a no-no to have a SUV in Manhattan.
                            Rijk

Comment

The V6 TDI is coming to 4-5 Audi models including the A8 in the US this spring. Too bad no word on the v8 tdi (yet).

Comment

Working...
                              X