No announcement yet.

#115 has arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a bit late, but congratulations!!! She is beautiful!!!

There are many new '06s lying around. I hope it has been properly maintained throughout its shelf life??

And I agree, the sound the car makes at even measly RPMs is breathtaking.

Congratulations! Feel free to contact me if you're ever in the area and I'll buy you a drink

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
      Car show visitors in Sweden are decidedly less overweight than their US counterparts

Hey! What are you trying to say about me? :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by Bavarian Motorist View Post
        There are many new '06s lying around. I hope it has been properly maintained throughout its shelf life??
        Mike,

As you can read elsewhere, there are only a handful of 06 cars left over.
        Rijk

Comment

Yes, thanks. I am enjoying the Spyker immensely. Now up to 375 miles. I am pleased to say the car is tight and seems to have been maintained very well as it awaited an owner. Two minor issues...a cracked rubber gasket around the shift lever. I swapped it for the lower one around the handbrake. And, I had a scratched temp dial, which the factory has already replaced. I will get it installed when I do the 1,000 mile service. Otherwise, trouble free so far. I doubt the key fob ever worked, but
          I will get it reprogrammed. I bought a 64 inch blue umbrella that will serve as my temporary soft top should I ever get caught in the rain. It looks hilarious, but is completely functional. It's even wind resistant to 55mph. But, who drives a Spyker 55 mph? I'll be showing the car at the New Hope Auto Show on August 10th, and then again at the Radnor Hunt Concours d'Elegance on September 14th.

Comment

Mike,

As you can read elsewhere, there are only a handful of 06 cars left over.

That's reassuring. Apparently there are 2 new ones at Spyker Las Vegas and Manhattan Motorcars, and one at MM Hamptons.

Mostly in dull colors though... I like Spykerx3's "coke can"

Comment

don't let the girls talk you into liking my car....

Comment

Originally posted by Basokolow View Post
                Yes, thanks. I am enjoying the Spyker immensely. Now up to 375 miles. I am pleased to say the car is tight and seems to have been maintained very well as it awaited an owner. Two minor issues...a cracked rubber gasket around the shift lever. I swapped it for the lower one around the handbrake. And, I had a scratched temp dial, which the factory has already replaced. I will get it installed when I do the 1,000 mile service. Otherwise, trouble free so far. I doubt the key fob ever worked, but
                I will get it reprogrammed. I bought a 64 inch blue umbrella that will serve as my temporary soft top should I ever get caught in the rain. It looks hilarious, but is completely functional. It's even wind resistant to 55mph. But, who drives a Spyker 55 mph? I'll be showing the car at the New Hope Auto Show on August 10th, and then again at the Radnor Hunt Concours d'Elegance on September 14th.
                Hmmm... I never had any of those issues but I'm not surprised about the gaskets. Neither of them are big deals so that is great. Have you taken out the handy dandy tool kit and played with it yet? i took mine out and fix things around the house with it.

Comment

I found the following:

C8 Spyder:

#150 - Lamborghini Las Vegas - Delivery Mileage Lamborghini Las Vegas
                  #144 - O'Gara Coach Company - Mileage 10 (I think that's Delivery Mileage) O'Gara Coach Company - Inventory
                  #086 - Manhattan Motorcars - Mileage 40 (They list the car as being new)
                  (#109 - Manhattan Motorcars - Mileage 10 - probably sold!) Manhattan Motorcars Pre-Owned Spyker (This is probably the old website!)MM Hamptons is the same company as Manhattan Motorcars. #086 is also listed at MM Hamptons, #109 is not so that probably mean it is sold. MMHamptons.com This is probably the new website! (you have to search at inventory - new)
                  #106 - Lexus of Pembroke - No mileage mentioned but I think it's new (It should be for that price they are asking) LEXUS OF PEMBROKE PINES - 9544432020 __________________________________________________ __________________________________
                  #111 - Symbolic Motorcar Company - Listed as Delivery Miles (but wasn't this Jati's car?) 2006 Spyker C8 Spyder for Sale - 2006 Spyker C8 Spyder prices

C8 Laviolette:

#Unknown - Lamborghini Las Vegas - Listed as Factory Demonstrator (but I think it is actually a rebuild of one of the cars used for the movie Basic Instinct II. It has a lot of elements that you normally don't see on MY 2006 Spykers) Lamborghini Las Vegas

I was stunned by the prices that were asked for these 2006 models. For less than that price you can buy a new 2008 Laviolette!!!
                  Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

I doubt the key fob ever worked, but
                    I will get it reprogrammed.
                    My key fob never worked correctly until now. Bashir at Manhattan Motorcars reprogrammed it with the software he received from the factory. He had to do it several times, but now it works correctly.

It is always a great moment that when people are looking at the car, and you press the remote to open the scissor doors
                    Rijk

Comment

It is always a great moment that when people are looking at the car, and you press the remote to open the scissor doors
                      I would love to see you doing that and I would love to see the facial expression of the spectators even more !

Bit jealous regards, Wouter

Comment

4553 miles as of today. Perfect weekend for a car show. Here are some pix...
                        Attached Files

Comment

a few more
                          Attached Files

Comment

1000 mile check?? Guys at MMC told me I did not need to bring the car in for one year

Comment

Make sure you read your service manual... and have the dealer sign it...

Last edited by ReducedSpeedAhead; 09-11-2009, 03:27. Reason: change size
                              Vinny

- former SPYKER Employee, but a fan for life....

Comment

Originally posted by ReducedSpeedAhead View Post
                                Make sure you read your service manual... and have the dealer sign it...

I hear ya, but MMC recommends one year (again a case of them needing to get educated!)

Comment

Working...
                                X