His Majesty, King Willem-Alexander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• His Majesty, King Willem-Alexander

... I have just learned that Willem-Alexander, Prince of Orange will be opening "my conference" (MicroTAS 2010 - 3-7 October 2010 - Groningen, NETHERLANDS) held in Groningen, Monday October 4th at 9am. Is he interested in Spyker? I know he is an aircraft pilot. Perhaps he should arrive in a "Prince of" orange Aileron? Or in the "battle livery" Spyder #141 Let me know, ...

Originally posted by amzamz View Post
    ... I have just learned that Willem-Alexander, Prince of Orange will be opening "my conference" (MicroTAS 2010 - 3-7 October 2010 - Groningen, NETHERLANDS) held in Groningen, Monday October 4th at 9am. Is he interested in Spyker? I know he is an aircraft pilot. Perhaps he should arrive in a "Prince of" orange Aileron? Or in the "battle livery" Spyder #141 Let me know, ...

I don't think I trust him in my #141
    I think WA does not like race cars. He loves skating and skiing. He is a great fan of professional sports. Is also a member of the Olympic IOC. He does have two nephews who are racing every week:

Bernard and Pieter-Christiaan

prinsen van oranje 2.jpg

Dutchdude
    Spykerowner #141
    sigpic

Comment

... ok, no Spykers, then! I'll leave mine at home, too.

Comment

Originally posted by amzamz View Post
        ... ok, no Spykers, then! I'll leave mine at home, too.
        Bernard has an 8C. Correct letter, correct number. Just the wrong order

Comment

I've seen Maxima driving her volvo XC90 here in Wassenaar, and Beatrix is being driven in her S80L. No sports cars belong to the part of the family close to the crown I think...
          The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Queen Beatrix did visit the Spyker factory in 2006 with King Abdullah II and Queen Rania of Jordan in 2006:
            Dutch Queen Beatrix, Queen Rania , King Abdullah II - Jordan Royals Visit Netherlands - Day 3 - Photo - LIFE

There was also a that King Abdullah II bought a Spyker, but I don't know if that is true. He did get a Spyker bike when he was at the factory.

The grandfather of Willem-Alexander (Prince Bernhard) was famour for his love for fast cars. He owned several Ferrari's for instance.

Comment

Originally posted by IVR007 View Post
              ... No sports cars belong to the part of the family close to the crown I think...
              ... it would be time then to change that! HRH Prince of Orange has been a passenger in a Spyker!
              Attached Files

Comment

... no Spykers that day in Groningen, then.

(sorry for the bad quality, we were not allowed to take photos, a friend of mine seems to be a good spy!)
                Attached Files

Comment

... will we see "Prince Pils" in a Spyker on April 30? If not, why not?

Comment

... short story can be found here. The wonderful Talbot is not related to today's event.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I like orange:lol::lol::lol:
                      Attached Files
                      Rijk

Comment

On facebook spyker cars said an aileron with dutch livery would be on display during the boat tour of the king. I haven't seen anything, anyone else? Some images?

Comment

Originally posted by IVR007 View Post
                          Some images?
                          As requested

[ATTACH]12444[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]12445[/ATTACH]

Comment

Cool, thanks!

Comment

That looks Nice! À shame that I did not see this on TV..

Comment

Working...
                              X