3rd phase - Spyker re-activated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd phase - Spyker re-activated

... it looks like the F1 adventure in 2007, and the Saab adventure 2011 are now history. It is good to see "Victor Muller and Spyker Rise From Saab’s Ashes" (source). I wish him and Spyker again a successful revival!

Victor Muller at Geneva

March 6, 2012 in News

From DI.se: Last year at the Geneva Autoshow he was standing here as chairman of Saab Automobile. This year Victor Muller does not have a stand to be in. “It feels sad to see Lotus where Saab was”.

It’s the first time in a long time that Victor Muller visits the Geneva Autoshow without having a stand to be in.
    - “Its the first time in ten years and it feels a bit strange, I’m walking here like a tourist”.

What do you say about the things happening with Saab Automobile now?
    - “I have absolutely no comment on that”.
    - “I feels sad to see Lotus where Saab are supposed to be. Nothing bad about Lotus, but that’s all I have to say”.

According to Victor Muller, re-financing of Spyker is complete and next year the dutch automaker will return to Geneva. Will you be back here as well?
    - “I am already back since I never left Spyker, so the answer is yes”.

The previous plans to sell Spyker are now off the table. The company name Swedish Automobile has been changed to Spyker N.V.
    (source)

Comment

... Victor and Spyker gets a good start of 2012 in China! The brand won an award. (source) This is commonly referred to as the "Luxury Oscar Awards", bringing together the top 100 luxury brands in such diverse fields as aircraft, yachts, cars, jewelry, watches, fashion, liquor, cosmetics, resorts and Innovation brands (source).
      Attached Files

Comment

Built in the Netherlands once again?

It also looks this relaunch returns production to the Netherlands:

"In a statement, bosses at Swedish Automobile said: 'Unfortunately on January 10, Spyker’s tier one supplier of its aluminium bodies-in-white, CPP, went into administration.

'As a result of the situation which arose due to CPP’s administration it has been decided to assemble Spyker C8 Ailerons in the works facility in Zeewolde, Netherlands.' "

- Coventry Telegraph

Comment

... is there a clever way to raise funds in sight? Have a look at this!

"Auto Motor & Sport in Sweden are reporting the possibility that Victor Muller and Spyker could be the key to the production of the Saab 9-5 by any new owner, as Spyker apparently has the right to produce the 9-5 under license until 2017. Could that be a way round the impasse over GM’s technology? Could we see Spyker building the Saab 9-5 for either Mahindra or Youngman?"

(source)

Comment

Working...
          X