Official Spyker Owner Forum
 

Go Back   Official Spyker Owner Forum > Spyker Enthusiasts - Public Forum > Technical Q&A

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-01-2018, 19:04
Jasperdd Jasperdd is online now
Spyker Owner #003 #008 #012 #013 #055 & #253
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 331
Wheel center caps condition

Hello,

Do other Spyker owners have this same issue?

There is a lot of damage and wear on the center caps of the wheels. I have various different caps and different colors, logos (see last picture )and finish.

The most obvious thing is the differences in logo, but what i think is not good is the amount of weathering and wear. I am starting to investigate in refurbishing the center caps because the finish is not that good.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-01-2018, 21:19
F Spider's Avatar
F Spider F Spider is offline
Former Spyker Owner # 107 and #207
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New York, Amsterdam
Posts: 6,552
Can you fix this one too
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2011-11-26 10.57.35.jpg (1.82 MB, 5 views)
__________________
Rijk

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-01-2018, 21:28
Jasperdd Jasperdd is online now
Spyker Owner #003 #008 #012 #013 #055 & #253
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 331
... garbage bin worthy.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-01-2018, 00:16
Scott Triplitt's Avatar
Scott Triplitt Scott Triplitt is offline
Spyker Owner #228
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: California
Posts: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasperdd View Post
Hello,

Do other Spyker owners have this same issue?

There is a lot of damage and wear on the center caps of the wheels. I have various different caps and different colors, logos (see last picture )and finish.

The most obvious thing is the differences in logo, but what i think is not good is the amount of weathering and wear. I am starting to investigate in refurbishing the center caps because the finish is not that good.

Hi Jasper,

The center lug nut and cap take quite a beating upon removal and reinstallation of a wheel. It would be interesting to know how the factory installed them without damaging them. The tools used by the factory are obviously superior to the large nut remover socket and wrench that come with the Spykers from the standpoint that the factory tools don't scratch the finish on the nuts or deform the center of the cap.

Is there any way to find out the tools the factory used so we can purchase similar tools for our own use?
__________________
Scott
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-01-2018, 06:11
F Spider's Avatar
F Spider F Spider is offline
Former Spyker Owner # 107 and #207
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New York, Amsterdam
Posts: 6,552
I use a hex key with a ball end, to avoid hurting the edges.
__________________
Rijk

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-01-2018, 05:08
Scott Triplitt's Avatar
Scott Triplitt Scott Triplitt is offline
Spyker Owner #228
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: California
Posts: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by F Spider View Post
I use a hex key with a ball end, to avoid hurting the edges.
Hi Rijk,

Thank you very much! Hereís How Itís Made: https://youtu.be/elPi42Ul9BA
__________________
Scott
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-01-2018, 22:33
Sandy Eggo Sandy Eggo is offline
Spyker Owner #153
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Encinitas, CA
Posts: 216
3 out of 4 of mine are a mess. Not too scratched or damaged, just that the finish is wearing off in uneven ways.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-01-2018, 22:37
F Spider's Avatar
F Spider F Spider is offline
Former Spyker Owner # 107 and #207
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New York, Amsterdam
Posts: 6,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Triplitt View Post
Hi Rijk,

Thank you very much! Hereís How Itís Made: https://youtu.be/elPi42Ul9BA
I love color coded tools...
__________________
Rijk

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-01-2018, 22:38
F Spider's Avatar
F Spider F Spider is offline
Former Spyker Owner # 107 and #207
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New York, Amsterdam
Posts: 6,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Eggo View Post
3 out of 4 of mine are a mess. Not too scratched or damaged, just that the finish is wearing off in uneven ways.
Refinishing with the clear coating shouldn't be too bad...
__________________
Rijk

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 18-02-2018, 09:53
Jasperdd Jasperdd is online now
Spyker Owner #003 #008 #012 #013 #055 & #253
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 331
Have dropped one center cap off at a refurbishing shop. They are going to check what the finish is. The idea is to either paint it and laser etch the small logo OR anodize the center cap.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 20:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.