Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you experience anything that you think is odd please post it here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you experience anything that you think is odd please post it here.

I have had a LOT of little things happen to me and can probably shed some light on what you have going on. I'm happy to help. The first piece of advice is to not drive in the rain without the Spyker Coil covers. Unless you like losing cylinders. The second is to us 91 or 93 octane fuel only-- DO NOT put race fuel in this car. The third is to invest into a trouble code reader.

Dan

Dan

I took off that silly top completely, so I will try to avoid driving in the rain for other reasons. Good point about the fuel rating. I will take that to heart.
    Rijk

Comment

Dan,

Can you elaborate on the Spyker Coil Covers story. You obviously encountered a problem there. Did you take the covers off, or is it something I need to get from Spyker.
      Rijk

Comment

Certainly...

If your Spyker does not have have "spyker" covers over the engine you will have the following problem:

Drive in rain for 3 minutes. Those slits on top of the engine bay leak water--a lot. The coils are not protected. The first time I drove 3 miles from my work to my office in moderate rain. The next morning I had the check engine light on and it felt WAY underpowered. I hooked up my OBD II port scanner (everyone should have at least one of these) and got misfire codes. I brought it in and found out that I fouled two coils.

About a two weeks after that repair I did the same thing. Again, two fouled coils. Spyker then created some REALLY nice covers (I'll post pics soon) to protect the coils. Ever since then--no problems.

I was shocked when I got 152 that it did NOT have the covers. I would have expected Spyker to put them on every car. This apparently is NOT the case. If you plan to drive in the rain let your contact know that you want the same covers that Dan Erickson has and they will know what you are talking about. These things look awesome and make the engine look like a Spyker engine versus an Audi.

Dan

Comment

Dan,

Thank you. I do not have these covers either on the Press Car

I will get a set ASAP.

Because I have not soft-top any more, I'm not planning to drive the C8 Spyder in the rain, but you never know.
          Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
            Dan,

Can you elaborate on the Spyker Coil Covers story. You obviously encountered a problem there. Did you take the covers off, or is it something I need to get from Spyker.
            I made a new thread for this if you didn't see it.

Comment

I personally really like th sort top on the car a lot. I took it off just for the winter (in Phoenix that means long sleeve t-shirt weather). With the soft top on, you will get leakage into the driving area. And there is a significant amount. If, however, you flip those rubber flaps "out" you will reduce that by about 90%. When I washed my car, I just flipped them "out" and then towel dried the inside of the car where there was some leakage. Worked fine. Personally, if I lived anywhere besides here, I would keep the top up at all times. That being said, I'm the ONLY one I know that really likes how it looks with the top up!

Comment

Originally posted by SpykerX3 View Post
                I made a new thread for this if you didn't see it.
                Yes, I've seen the thread. It is on my list to discuss with Victor this Wednesday.
                Rijk

Comment

Just so you know, the only ones that will have an issue is the owners of the Laviolette...

I can assure you, driving in the rain with the Spyder is NOT a problem... I have done it plenty of times.

Also, if the coil blows out, you can plan on getting one from Audi... The part number is on the coil... Last time I checked they were $35 each.

Vinny
                  Vinny

- former SPYKER Employee, but a fan for life....

Comment

well, i can assure you that two of my three cars DID have a problem with rain. First time two coils went and the second time three went. Hence, the really neat coil cover's. Oddly enough, Spyker would not let me use Audi parts for that and insisted they send some. Maybe they are different ones but I don't know. Either way, I'm happy you have not yet had a problem with this.

Comment

Dan,

Are these the engine covers? (copied the picture for another thread)
                      These are also fitted to #007 with the latest upgrade.

Jeffrey
                      Last edited by Spyker 007; 28-03-2008, 13:58.

Comment

@Spyker 007, do you know what kind of updates your car got? Just curious to know what it is, because you car is one of the first cars build.

Comment

Originally posted by AX lover View Post
                          @Spyker 007, do you know what kind of updates your car got? Just curious to know what it is, because you car is one of the first cars build.
                          Besides the enginecovers, another visible upgrade are the blue hoses from the coolingsystem, which have been replaced by black siliconefree hoses to prevent leaking. I do not have specific upgrade details.

I do know two mechanics have been working on the car for two weeks. Even the aliminiumlining under the bonnet and enginebay has been replaced. As were the enginemounts (rubbers).
                          It was truely delivered AS NEW.

Only the speedo, pictures and videos tell a tale of company history.
                          And ofcourse its UK-registration as ´C8 VRM´ = C8 Victor R Muller, as it was his personal car

Comment

Originally posted by SpykerX3 View Post
                            If your Spyker does not have have "spyker" covers over the engine you will have the following problem:

Drive in rain for 3 minutes. ... misfire codes. ...

Dan
                            Interestingly, I am doing it all wrong! I was driving hundreds of miles in rain without a coil cover, and without problems so far!

The same is true with the quality of gas. I use 98 or 100 octane and don't seem to have a problem with that. What's the problem there actually?

Comment

Originally posted by amzamz View Post
                              The same is true with the quality of gas. I use 98 or 100 octane and don't seem to have a problem with that. What's the problem there actually?
                              The US calculation of the octane level is different. Euro 95 is US 91 and Euro 98 is US 93.
                              Rijk

Comment

Working...
                              X