No announcement yet.

The (incomplete) list VIN #001 - #100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice find, I posted some pictures of this car too earlier in it's own thread
    The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

addition

... please add #047 to the list, a C8 Spyder, dark sapphire blue / cognac.
      Last edited by amzamz; 10-03-2010, 21:06.

Comment

I have noticed that the link of #92 doens't work anymore..

Can someone fix the link?

http://www.spykerowner.com/forum/uno...c8-spyder.html
        Olav

Instagram
        https://www.instagram.com/3stfotografie/?hl=nl

Comment

Broken link fixed

Comment

It is almost unbelievable that we now have 70 threads for the first 100 VIN numbers !
            Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

Some small updates:

#024: please add that this car is known at Carfax with two different VINs: XL9GA11A35Z363024 (1 record) and XL9AA11G24Z363024 (2 records).

#026: not in the list yet, but confirmed by Carfax with two different VINs: XL9GA11A75Z363026 (2 records) and XL9AA11G64Z363026 (14 records).

#031: again, please list both VINs confirmed by Carfax: XL9GA11A05Z363031 (2 records) and XL9AA11GX4Z363031 (2 records).

#033: again, please list both VINs confirmed by Carfax: XL9GA11A45Z363033 (2 records) and XL9AA11G34Z363033 (1 record).

As mentioned before (there were already some discussions about it), two VINs might indeed be possible: for example, the VIN is placed at several locations (windscreen, doors, etc.), so an error might have caused the differences between those VINs. Besides that, the car might have given an update (for example, airbags or so), which might have resulted in a new VIN (with a new "Model Year", which might make it legal in other states).

Comment

As far as I have been able to determine, Spykers were certified for U.S. sale for the 2005 model year, in mid-2005. However, we know that many early Spykers were here before 2005; these may have been press cars and demos and the such, likely here on manufacturer or dealer plates. Additionally, I remember seeing an article in Car and Driver about Spyker that I believe was before 2005, with pictures of a black C8 Spyder in San Francisco (for the life of me I cannot find this issue now).

Perhaps these duplicate VINs were changed at some point from 2004's to 2005's, in order to make U.S. registration possible? Just a guess.

Also see the situation of Aileron #252, which is a 2009 prototype, yet has a service record on CarFax, from its time here on press tours and such. So it is possible for a car to have records on CarFax, even if it is not registered. In fact, Koenigsegg #058 appears on CarFax, and it is not even in the U.S. yet!

Excellent work as always, Edvar!

Comment

Originally posted by Mattjs33 View Post
                  Also see the situation of Aileron #252, which is a 2009 prototype, yet has a service record on CarFax, from its time here on press tours and such. So it is possible for a car to have records on CarFax, even if it is not registered.
                  Same with Aileron #255 (XL9BA12G79Z363255) ...

Comment

#031 now listed for sale by Norm Baker Motor Company in Las Vegas:

Spyker C8 Aileron SPYDER - Cars.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mattjs33 View Post
                      #031 now listed for sale by Norm Baker Motor Company in Las Vegas:

Spyker C8 Aileron SPYDER - Cars.com
                      Interesting title: "Spyker C8 Aileron SPYDER"

Comment

hey, i am new in the forum.
                        thanks for private message. But i cant answer to admins under 3 messagesi am interresting for an C8 Spyder offers in Germany. Its Nr. 053. The dealer says that the owner is missing?? no papers no deal. misterious!
                        Franz

Comment

Hello Franz,

Welcome to the forum. It indeed sounds mysterious if both the papers and the owner are missing.

Hans

Comment

mysterious, but the car real stays bei the dealer.
                            I know its the first owner. Workers at spyker.
                            someone has an idea to find the owner?
                            more details please per PM.
                            Franz

Comment

Working...
                            X