Spyker cars on post stamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spyker cars on post stamps

... I found only two instances of Spyker cars on post stamps so far. Please keep your eyes open and find more. I am sure this is not all!

1. Netherlands 2004. prestige booklet. The stamp on the left shows a Spyker C4 from 1922, and the one on the right is a C8 double12 R from 2003. The margin of the mini sheet shows the C8 wide body. What could the number plate "JFN - 50" mean?
    http://www.tntpost.nl/overtntpost/ni...ostzegels.aspx

2. Nanumaga-Tuvalu 1987. 15c stamp as part of a set showing a 1906 Spyker.

See figures.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by amzamz; 21-10-2008, 23:50.

Some info about the 1st mentioned stamps (sorry it’s in Dutch)

C8 Spyker postzegel.pdf

I also have a sheet of Spyker stamps. I even framed them and hanged them on my bedroomwall

Niels

Comment

Meaning of JFN - 50

Originally posted by amzamz View Post
      ... The margin of the mini sheet shows the C8 wide body. What could the number plate "JFN - 50" mean?

JFN - 50 stands for the 50th anniversary of the JeugdFilatelie Nederland. It’s an organisation of stamp collecting youth. YouthPhilately Holland. This was also the occasion for bringing out this special Spyker stampcollection.

I hope this informs you AMZAMZ...

Niels

Comment

I have got the first set, I got it many years ago as a present from Spyker. I´ll handle it with care
        Digi-Shape Auto Fotografie
        Digi-Shape Auto Posters

Comment

... after a long time, another stamp has surfaced. To me, it looks like an illegal edition dubbed "Kurilia". I am quite sure there is no such thing as official stamps for these little islands. They are located East of Sachalin (Russia), and North of Hokkaido (Japan). The islands belong to Russia.

The stamp no 2 shows car #001.

source here
          Attached Files
          Last edited by amzamz; 27-03-2010, 15:33.

Comment

All these awesome cars on those stamps, but then #6: an Vauxhall/Opel Astra coupé...

Comment

Gambia 1989

... just happened to find another set. Gambia 1989 Christmas stamps. The yellow car is labeled as 1919 Spyker. Which model is it? A model C1 (13/30HP)?
              Attached Files

Comment

Looks like a 13/30 C1 torpedo, but I'm not an expert
                The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

... an old friend on a nice envelope... first day cover.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X