Spyker appearing in movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spyker appearing in movies

Most of us will be aware of the impression that Spyker has made on Hollywood.
    There's two movies out that feature Spykers.

Basic Instinct 2
    with Sharon Stone.
    The Spyker has a nice appearance in the opening scene. Sharon drives the C8 through London and things get hot and wet rather quickly.

+ YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

and

WAR with Jet-Li and Jason Statham.

(clickable thumbnail)
    There's a little part of the car chase in the trailer.
    + YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

And here's an amateur video clip of Jet-Li driving the C8 outside the set. And before he pulls off, he actually manages to stall it
    + YouTube Video
    Last edited by bucciali; 22-12-2007, 23:14.

And the background appearance in the Pink Panther movie (2006)
    Attached Files

Comment

The cars used in War/Rogue are:

The Spyder used in ROGUE (chassis number 020) has a silver exterior, a burgundy red interior, a turned aluminium dashboard fascia and is fitted with elegant 19”Aeroblade™ wheels in magnesium with central locking featuring five propellers.
      The Spyker C12 LaTurbie used in Rogue (chassis number 055) has a Royal Blue exterior, a magnolia yellow interior and a turned aluminum dashboard fascia.
      But I doubt if the C12 LaTurbie was used during the movie. I haven't seen it but the only shots I saw were from the C8 Spyder.

And for Basic Instinct 2 Spyker delivered 4 four (2 dummies and 2 normal cars). I know that #011 & #015 were used.

The car used for Basic Instinct 2 has a jet black exterior, a lipstick red interior, a turned aluminium dashboard fascia and is fitted with elegant 19”Aeroblade™ wheels in magnesium featuring five propellers.

Comment

@ Basic Instinct 2 - that what comes of not concentrating on driving!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AX lover View Post

But I doubt if the C12 LaTurbie was used during the movie. I haven't seen it but the only shots I saw were from the C8 Spyder.
          It was used but only as a static model, they didn't drive her in the movie (that's because it's the only one build so far).
          Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

Is the car circled in red not a La Turbie?

Picture comes from Autosport USA's website, but I believe it was taken inside the factory. It appears to have a 'regular' nose/grill part, not as big as the original show model.

I wonder how many models were made and/or how often it was resprayed. The press photos show it in darkgray/tan, then it was displayed (no idea where; AXLover any idea?) in darkblue and then we have this grey/red one....

c8
            It also goes from 2x2 exhaust pipes on the first 2 pics to just 2 exhausts. I've seen the same thing on the C8 Double 12's.

Comment

Anybody seen the movie WAR yet? I haven't, yet. Supposedly the Spyker is very close and personal in there.
              Rijk

Comment

Today I heard that there is another big movie deal in the making
                Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
                  Anybody seen the movie WAR yet? I haven't, yet. Supposedly the Spyker is very close and personal in there.
                  I saw it a couple weeks ago and was surprised to see the Spykers appearing so much in it.

Comment

I see War/Roque also, it is a great movie. And the Spykers are briljant in the movie. What for big movie deal is closed Rijk?

Comment

Originally posted by JVProduction View Post
                      What for big movie deal is closed Rijk?
                      They are just talking now. The deal is not done yet.
                      Rijk

Comment

wrong topic....
                        Last edited by bucciali; 22-01-2008, 23:24.

Comment

1904 Spyker 14/18 hp 'Roi des Belges' Open Tourer appearing in Genevieve in 1953

This is the green car that is currently part of the amazing Louwman collection.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by basman007; 21-08-2008, 09:25.

Comment

Spyker C8 Double 12R in Michel Vaillant from 2003. And that looks like Victor on the background.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Spyker D12 Peking-to-Paris in I Think I Love My Wife from 2007 (one a scene they walk across the NY autoshow).
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X