Official Spyker Owner Forum

Go Back   Official Spyker Owner Forum > Spyker Enthusiasts - Public Forum > Wanted / For Sale

Old 11-07-2008, 18:45
Former Spyker Owner #152

i'm sorry i was late on this thread. That car in scottsdale is garbage. Someone drove it like they stole it and then gave it to their little brother. I wouldn't give you $50k for that car.

On another note, yes, buying secondhand can be risky but with boards like this we can limit the pain. As I have told a couple of you, the warranty is 2/24 so most used ones will not qualify. However, I think Spyker may have interest in keeping the used market on these cars hot so with some discussion from Rijk and I, we may be able to help any prospective buyer. I don't know what would be entailed but I'm guessing a low mile car can be warrantied directly by Spyker for a reasonable sum. I think I am the most troubled Spyker owner but I am still here. That should give you some sort of testament of how much I love the cars and the company.
Old 11-07-2008, 19:53
Former Spyker Owner #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpykerX3 View Post
i'm sorry i was late on this thread. That car in scottsdale is garbage. Someone drove it like they stole it and then gave it to their little brother. I wouldn't give you $50k for that car.

On another note, yes, buying secondhand can be risky but with boards like this we can limit the pain. As I have told a couple of you, the warranty is 2/24 so most used ones will not qualify. However, I think Spyker may have interest in keeping the used market on these cars hot so with some discussion from Rijk and I, we may be able to help any prospective buyer. I don't know what would be entailed but I'm guessing a low mile car can be warrantied directly by Spyker for a reasonable sum. I think I am the most troubled Spyker owner but I am still here. That should give you some sort of testament of how much I love the cars and the company.
Thank you SpykerX3,

You are from Phoenix so you'll know as no other what the state is of this Spyker. Your opinion is very important to me. It is therefore perhaps better to abandon my bid and to look for another Spyker.
Old 11-07-2008, 20:31
Spyker Enthusiast

It is an advantage that you live in the Netherlands. So maybe if you can geta real good deal, it is very easy for you to take the car to the factory and ask them to repair/update the car. Ofcoure they won't do this for free. But it might be possible to negotiate a good deal in advance.
Old 11-07-2008, 20:46
Former Spyker Owner #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by AX lover View Post
It is an advantage that you live in the Netherlands. So maybe if you can geta real good deal, it is very easy for you to take the car to the factory and ask them to repair/update the car. Ofcoure they won't do this for free. But it might be possible to negotiate a good deal in advance.
The big question: What's a good deal for garbage?
Rhyno also did drive this Spyker and he also was not possitive about the car.

It's perhaps a possibility that a nearby Spyker dealer inspects this Spyker and that Lotus Scottsdale must fix these problems or they should give me such a big discount that I can solve the problems in the Netherlands.
Old 11-07-2008, 22:47
Spyker Enthusiast

Maybe the best option would be if the local Spyker dealer inspects the car and indicates the 'problems'. And with that information you could force Lotus Scottsdale to lower the price. Than export the car to the Netherlands and have the factory correct all the mistakes.

And in this the scenario the dealer and the factory should be in contact ofcourse. So that you know what it will cost to get the car in a 'new' condition.

I think the factory has the most expirience in refurbishing a car and that it will be to 'difficult' for a local dealer.

And as I remember correctly the factory also completly refurbished #007 before it was sold to Spyker 007.

But you have to hope that Lotus Scottsdale is willing to cooperate and are willing to lower the price of the car.
Old 13-10-2008, 08:56
Spyker Enthusiast

This Spyker is (again) offered on eBay, buy it now price: $134,900.00 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-...=p4506.c0.m245
Old 13-10-2008, 11:30
Former Spyker Owner #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviolette GT2R View Post
This Spyker is (again) offered on eBay, buy it now price: $134,900.00 eBay Motors: Other Makes (item 250307309167 end time Nov-01-08 12:17:02 PDT)

They also offered me the Spyker for 135K about six weeks ago.
Old 13-10-2008, 17:01
Former Spyker Owner #171

How hard and expensive would it be to change the color of the interior on this car?

I guess the drop in price reflects that it has sat for a year and hasn't sold.
Old 13-10-2008, 19:25
Spyker Enthusiast

It looks if the interior and exterior of this Spyker is allright. According to Dan it has been abused mechanically. I don't know how bad the situation is and at which cost it can be repaired, if at all. If you can for instance put a new engine and gearbox in for $25,000.00 than it could still be a good buy? The seller is accepting offers as well so you can probably buy it for less than the buy it now price. Again I don't know the situation, well, actually I do: If Dan says $50,000.00 is too much than it must be better left alone I guess!
Old 20-10-2008, 20:41
Former Spyker Owner #171

Looks like number 094 has SOLD!!!

2006 Used Spyker C8 Spyder at Scottsdale Lotus, AZ - Vehicle Details