No announcement yet.

Spyker C8 LM85

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The car looks nice but am i right that the only difference between the LM85, in the latest picture, and a "normal" C8 Laviolette are a rear spoiler and differend paintjob?
    Last edited by Wouter; 01-11-2008, 23:28.

Comment

Yes, I'm afraid the changes are only cosmetic...
      Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

First Spyker C8 Laviolette LM85 SOLD?

"At an opening party last week, a local real estate developer in Tampa bought the first Spyker in Tampa, a C8 Spyder GT2R version painted like a Formula 1 race car that cost $275,000." - High Gear: Dealerships Think Pricy Cars Will Outrun Economy

Thanx to bucciali for providing the link

Comment

Originally posted by Laviolette GT2R View Post
          "At an opening party last week, a local real estate developer in Tampa bought the first Spyker in Tampa, a C8 Spyder GT2R version painted like a Formula 1 race car that cost $275,000." - High Gear: Dealerships Think Pricy Cars Will Outrun Economy

Thanx to bucciali for providing the link
          Always good to hear when a Spyker is sold!

A C8 Spyder GT2R version painted like a Formula 1 race? sounds like a LM85 Spyder

Comment

LM85 changes sinds first picture

Originally posted by Wouter View Post
            1. The paintjob (what used to be Orange is now Gun Metal)
            2. GT2 mirrors (only feature in the first two pictures as mentioned in the brochure)
            3. Rear spoiler (picture 1 not a spoiler, 2 different spoiler, 3 final spoiler)
            4. Aluminium roof panels in Orange (only in picture 2 as mentioned in the brochure)
            5. GT2 radiator grille (only in picture 2 as mentioned in the brochure)
            6. The wheels are now black Aeroblade wheels instead of black GT2R wheels

Comment

I'm not a fan of black wheels. I thought they looked better in Tungsten silver.
              Rijk

Comment

Spyker C8 Laviolette LM85: What a beauty

Man! What a beauty she is!

I just love the orange/ gun-metal gray combo and the black wheels: WOW!

BTW: so we got this from Spykercars website, but I'm guessing we were the first site to discuss it??? :-) (of course we were ;-)

Comment

It is a good looking thing But I think it's a shame that it's not a more hardcore version. All changes are cosmetic only, I'd have expected some weight-savings, power improvements or something like that, but they didn't include those. I thought they said it would have the lemans style grille too, but I don't see it.

Comment

Indeed, it's a looker!

And I totally agree with you. Making a special edition car in honour of your Le Mans participation, you would expect more than an exterior make-over of a standard-spec car.

You're right about the grille, it's a real pity it's not on it. Looks would have been much more agressive.

I guess the development of the LM85 was done in a hurry. Probably just to have a new model they could launch.

Yes, things got a lot calmer & less hectic after the Snoras buy-inn/capital injection. After that, the parts supply could be restored and optimised. This I believe enabled Spyker to focus more on production of current models & development/planning/implementation of the D8 P2P plusAileron.

I guess Spyker tried to do too much with the LM85 model and was forced to tune down its initial plans on it. And thus ended up with a new model where the changes come down to a new colour palette on a chassis&body package that is not new at all.

Comment

Here is a link to the official Spyker C8 Laviolette LM85 brochure: http://spykercars.nl/download/artikel/LM85brochure.pdf

Comment

Does the LM85 has a smaller fueltank?

In the official brochure is says the fueltank is 60 litres (15,9 gallons) but when you look on the Spyker website the fueltank of a 'normal' C8 Laviolette is 75 litres (16,5 gallons).

Do any of the owners know how large the fueltank is in their cars? Maybe the 75 liters is a number from the early production cars?

Comment

They also say the front splitter is made of carbon fibre but this one seems remarkably aluminium-ish. that, with the lack of the le mans grille, the le mans side mirrors, extra power and weight savings makes it a bit of a disappointment for me. Well maybe that's not the right word, but I had expected more of it. Perhaps this is a pre-production one though, and the changes might be made to the rest of the 24 cars to be produced.

Comment

Pictures of the World Premiere:

(pictures by nytrydr)
                            Attached Files

Comment

Any interior pictures?
                              Rijk

Comment

At last, proof that there is a LM85 at the Jeddah Motor Show..thanks SpykerOwner.

Comment

Working...
                                X