US Engine for the SSUV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Engine for the SSUV

There are several US engines considered for the Spyker SSUV. Amongst them the Viper V10 and the Corvette V8.

Which engine would have your preference and why?
    Rijk

Depends on where you want to sell the SSUV.

If it is for the US market only, my answer would be: I have no idea which engine suits the Spyker SSUV best.

If it is for the European market as well, my answer would be: Neither. I admit a Viper V10 or Corvette V8 could work fine from a technical point of view. But over here American engines are not considered sophisticated and true sports car material. Not based on facts, simply based on emotions from non US citizens.

Comment

The 2009 Corvette engine. 6.2L and 620HP. Not necessarily an unsophisticated engine.
      Attached Files
      Rijk

Comment

If Spyker uses the Viper engine for the SSUV, than they will not have a PC Hoofdstraat Tractor, but a PC Hoofdstraat Truck (For Dutch members only).
        Rijk

Comment

I thought Lotus had a hand in the Corvette engine - isn't it an alloy block as well; whilst I thought the Viper's was an iron block and relies on cc's rather than sophistication.

Personally I'd go for the Corvette

Comment

The Corvette engine would be the best option IMO. The engine on the picture is the new ZR1 engine!
            Digi-Shape Auto Fotografie
            Digi-Shape Auto Posters

Comment

The US is still Spykers largest market. Personally I don't expect the SSUV to be a hit anywhere in Europe. I can see them better suited for markets like the Middle-East, Russia and China.

So, being able to say that you have a V10, rather than a V8, in your SSUV, adds to its exclusivity. Even if the V8 is much more sophisticated.
              Attached Files
              Rijk

Comment

More and more countries are adding taxes for cars that produce a lot of CO2.

The Viper for instance will be penalized (Feb. 2008) over here with an additional tax of € 25,410 when you buy one.

Comment

Is that only the case for the Viper, or also for Ferraris and Lamborghinis?
                  Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
                    Is that only the case for the Viper, or also for Ferraris and Lamborghinis?
                    Ferrari F430 / Spider: + € 21k
                    Ferrari F430 Scuderia: + € 14k
                    Ferrari F599: + € 28k

Lamborghini Gallardo: + € 18k
                    Lamborghini Murcielago: + € 29k

Spyker C8 Spyder: + € 7k

Comment

Is this a Dutch tax or a Euro tax?

It's amazing that the car brands that use the least gas are paying the highest taxes.
                      Rijk

Comment

Is this a Dutch tax or a Euro tax?
                        The figures showed are Dutch taxes which will be introduced on February 1, 2008. But more and more countries in Europe are introducing CO2 related taxes.

It's amazing that the car brands that use the least gas are paying the highest taxes.
                        I totally agree, that is one of the reasons I dislike our government.

When you buy a Ferrari F430 you have to pay € 21k CO2 tax (Dutch name: Slurptax). The Seat Leon TDI of pterps for instance won't have to pay CO2 tax as it is considered clean enough.

Since the tax is CO2 related, let's see how much they actually pollute on a yearly basis:
                        Ferrari: 3,000 kms x 420g = 1,260 kg
                        Seat: 60,000 km x 161g = 9,660 kg

Which means the Seat in this example produces 7,6 times as much CO2 on a yearly basis. Therefore the Ferrari owner has to pay € 21k extra tax

Comment

Originally posted by SpykerOwner View Post
                          Ferrari F430 / Spider: + € 21k
                          Ferrari F430 Scuderia: + € 14k
                          Ferrari F599: + € 28k

Lamborghini Gallardo: + € 18k
                          Lamborghini Murcielago: + € 29k

Spyker C8 Spyder: + € 7k
                          The C8 gets off quite well

Comment

The Spyker C8 comes off good because of its relatively good fuel efficiency. I don't understand why the Ferrari Scuderia gets off better than the 430.
                            Rijk

Comment

I will not even consider buying one if it has one of those engines in it. I would prefer to see a diesel engine. Perhaps the 6 cyl that International puts in their MXT. I still don't know what the hell Spyker is thinking on this SUV thing...

Comment

Working...
                              X