fuel consumption of a C8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel consumption of a C8

... not entirely sure if that has been dealt with or not. I can offer some values for fuel consumption of a Spyker C8 Spyder (open):

Saarbrucken - Oxshott: driving mostly empty motorway, 140-170km/h, 3 stops
    650km, 80.0L --> 12.3L/100km (19.2 miles/gallon)

Dortmund - Frankfurt - Bad Homburg: driving 140-250km/h, accelerating, slowing down, 1 stop, busy motorway
    287km, 36.8L --> 12.8L/100km (18.4 miles/gallon)

(did I calculate correctly?)

That is what I'm getting. From 18 MPG to as little as 25 MPG. In general the C8 uses half of the 430
    Rijk

Comment

Wow! Did not know it was that good. We must have a small tank, cuz I feel like I'm forever pulling in for petrol

Comment

For what it's worth, the U.S. EPA rates the 2009 version at 13 city/18 highway, for example. See here: http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/pdfs/guides/FEG2009.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Swisstrader View Post
          Wow! Did not know it was that good. We must have a small tank, cuz I feel like I'm forever pulling in for petrol
          I have a huge reserve, but in general, a can drive around 250 miles before refueling.
          Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by Mattjs33 View Post
            For what it's worth, the U.S. EPA rates the 2009 version at 13 city/18 highway, for example. See here: http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/pdfs/guides/FEG2009.pdf
            I never drive in the city and almost never on the highway, but 18 mpg for the highway seems way too high.
            Rijk

Comment

The tank is about 16 gallons, I think. The mileage is pretty good, but the guage is merely an "estimator".
              With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

Originally posted by amzamz View Post
                (did I calculate correctly?)
                you did

Comment

I've averaged 18.5mpg over the last 2500 miles, or about 22 UK mpg. I refill at about 230-250 miles as the car behaves oddly if you run close to empty.

Comment

Working...
                  X