geographical distribution of Spykers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• geographical distribution of Spykers

... is it possible to make a list of countries, where Spykers are located (owned, registered)? I would be interested in the numbers as well, e.g. how many in Germany, in California etc. It could only be a minimal estimate, but that's at least something to begin with. The list below contains sold cars, and cars at dealers, but NOT company demonstrators, VM's car in his office or race cars.

at first sight I count:
    USA 55x C8 Spyder, 31x Laviolette, 1x Double 12
    Canada 2x C8 Spyder
    Brazil 1x Laviolette
    Netherlands 9x C8 Spyder, 1x Laviolette, 2x Double 12
    Belgium 2x C8 Spyder, 1x Laviolette
    Switzerland 2x C8 Spyder, 1x Laviolette, 1x Double 12
    Germany 7x C8 Spyder
    United Kingdom 5x C8 Spyder, 4x Laviolette
    Spain 1x C8 Spyder
    Hungary 1x Double 12
    Czech Republic 1x Double 12
    Russia 1x C8 Spyder, 2x Double 12
    China 4x C8 Spyder, 3x Laviolette, 4x Double 12
    Thailand 1x Double 12
    Kuwait 1x Double 12
    Qatar 1x Laviolette
    Singapore 1x Laviolette
    Attached Files
    Last edited by amzamz; 26-03-2010, 09:56.

Originally posted by amzamz View Post
    ... is it possible to make a list of countries, where Spykers are located (owned)? I would be interested in the numbers as well, e.g. how many in Germany, in California etc. It could only be a minimal estimate, but that's at least something to begin with.

at first sight I count:
    USA 44x C8 Spyder, 7x Laviolette, 1x Double 12
    Canada 1x C8 Spyder
    Netherlands 1x C8 Spyder, 2x Double 12
    Switzerland 1x C8 Spyder, 1x Double 12
    Germany 3x C8 Spyder
    United Kingdom 1x C8 Spyder, 2x Laviolette
    Spain 1x C8 Spyder
    Hungary 1x Double 12
    Russia 2x Double 12
    China 1x Laviolette, 4x Double 12
    Thailand 1x Double 12
    Kuwait 1x Double 12
    I think you have made a mistake with the counting of the spyders in the Netherlands. As far as I know there are at least 3 spyders in the Netherlands owned by people (#007,Dutchdude,Muller). There are also some spyders for sale in the Netherlands.

So do you want us, if we think your list is wrong/incomplete, to complete the list?
    Olav

Instagram
    https://www.instagram.com/3stfotografie/?hl=nl

Comment

yes, please take my list and update it! I have changed it since your post. Maybe you should either remove your quote, or update it, too... (sorry)
      Last edited by amzamz; 25-03-2010, 23:09.

Comment

Amazing to think there are only 55 Spyder Spykers in all the US.

... is it possible to make a list of countries, where Spykers are located (owned, registered)? I would be interested in the numbers as well, e.g. how many in Germany, in California etc. It could only be a minimal estimate, but that's at least something to begin with.

at first sight I count:
        USA 55x C8 Spyder, 31x Laviolette, 1x Double 12
        Canada 2x C8 Spyder
        Brazil 1x Laviolette
        Netherlands 9x C8 Spyder, 1x Laviolette, 2x Double 12
        Belgium 1x C8 Spyder, 1x Laviolette
        Switzerland 2x C8 Spyder, 1x Laviolette, 1x Double 12
        Germany 7x C8 Spyder
        United Kingdom 5x C8 Spyder, 4x Laviolette
        Spain 1x C8 Spyder
        Hungary 1x Double 12
        Russia 1x C8 Spyder, 2x Double 12
        China 4x C8 Spyder, 3x Laviolette, 4x Double 12
        Thailand 1x Double 12
        Kuwait 1x Double 12
        Qatar 1x Laviolette
        Singapore 1x Laviolette

Comment

I thought (but I don't remember where I got this tidbit) that the US market was about 60% of the total sales. That would put the US at 100+ cars.
          Rijk

Comment

HECK, where's European support for the car??

Comment

I have added graphics, based on my preliminary list (see above, first post). yes, USA is dominating... however, I would expect more cars in the Emirates, China and Russia! For many VIN numbers the location is not clear, and there are gaps in the VINs... My list locates 87 out of 96 Spyders, and 44 out of 52 Laviolettes. (taken from the unofficial VIN list)
              Last edited by amzamz; 26-03-2010, 14:05.

Comment

You guys need to step it up for future orders!

Comment

@Amz:
                  Small remark, there are 2 spyders (for sale) in Belgium instead of 1. And Antonov's #140 has, iirc, a Lithuanian license plate.
                  The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Edvar van Daalen found 97 Spyker VINs that have records on CarFax (see here: http://www.spykerowner.com/forum/uno...mbering-5.html), meaning these cars have been at one point in the U.S. However, some of these cars have not stayed in the U.S., for example #007. Also I found #008 on CarFax, which as far as I know also has not stayed here. Aileron #252 has a record on CarFax too.

Counting cars that have not yet appeared on CarFax, as they are still for sale or other reasons, the real number of cars in the U.S. is probably a bit over 100.

Comment

... from the annual report 2009 (source: here) combined with what AX lover has compiled (see here), I am counting 291 produced cars, but only 206 cars sold! Now, the geographical distribution considers, e.g., an unsold car in the USA as a "US car", whereas the racers and other unsold cars at Spyker works are not counted as "NL cars"... Why are we missing so many VIN numbers? We need better spies at Zeewolde !
                      Last edited by amzamz; 26-03-2010, 14:10.

Comment

Originally posted by Swisstrader View Post
                        HECK, where's European support for the car??
                        ... and the (automatic) Aileron will be even more extreme in terms of "No European Support". I am actually surprised the manual C8 is going so well in the US! Perhaps it is all to do with European taxes on luxury cars...

Germany should have much higher sales! With no speed limits on motorways, that makes the country a wonderful everyday race course :lol::lol::lol:! Problem is, that on motorways you can easily do up to 220-250 km/h in tons of Audi, BMW, Porsche, Mercedes, and even VW or Opel models! There are surprisingly few Lamborghinis and Ferraris as well. But they are "killed" by the mileage... Spykers are not (I guess, I hope, I know).

SAAB is the European support for Spyker ! Shhhh! Don't tell anyone...
                        Last edited by amzamz; 26-03-2010, 14:23.

Comment

Originally posted by IVR007 View Post
                          And Antonov's #140 has, iirc, a Lithuanian license plate.
                          I noted the GB number plate "RK 08 EOR" and counted it for the UK. How do you know the Lithuanian number plates?

Comment

I noted the GB number plate "RK 08 EOR" and counted it for the UK. How do you know the Lithuanian number plates?
                            I was wrong
                            The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Very interesting breakdown of geographic location.
                              Wonder what the US regional breakdown is?
                              Most located in Cali or East Coast?

Comment

Working...
                              X