Looking to purchase a Spyker and need a little help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to purchase a Spyker and need a little help

Can someone tell me if there are people on the west coast of Florida that can service this car? Are parts still readily available? What are the biggest mechanical issues they are known for as I see so many with less than 1000 miles . All help is appreciated.

These cars are not mechanically complex. There is a dealer in the Miami area, but any Audi-capable shop should be able to work on the car. Spyker has a small but vibrant after sales support deptartment here in the US. Parts from overseas can involve a little waiting depending on what you need.

The cars are handmade, and each one is a little different. Most of them are quite sound mechanically and experience few major problems. Mine has 28,000 miles on it and has only required fluid changes and new tires. Oh, and a new battery. But that is about it.

Good luck with your search!
    With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

... mine has close to 100,000km and I am actually quite happy with the quality of the car. I had a gearbox change, a spark plug out and the rest was routine maintenance. I would guess that later chassis numbers will be even better than that.

Comment

I've also had very few maintenance problems and have learned to take the car to a local old school italian foreign car/Audi mechanic for smaller issues. As others have said, waiting for parts is usually more of an issue, but not so much

Comment

I have a 2006 spyker C* for sale if your interested, its only got 1600miles on it. rdickson@firgelliauto.com if interested
          Robbie Dickson
          www.CanadianBullrun.com

Comment

Working...
          X