• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Student design - Spyker C69

Class Project: Spyker C69 design study

Posted Oct 28th 2007 4:04PM by Noah Joseph
    Filed under: Concept Cars, Spyker

Spyker was looking like a bright young protégé for a while. It had some great ideas, a beautiful vision for the future and unstoppable ambition. Then it finished school and stepped out in the real world, ran out of money, had to cancel some of its more expensive plans, take some less glamorous jobs, sell off some of its assets, take a new direction, and hunker down to the realities of running a small operation with limited resources. Fortunately for the Dutch niche automaker, a group of students has seen eye-to-eye with its situation and have offered a helping hand in the form of this intriguing concept.

The C69 design study is (theoretically) equipped with two hybrid V6 engines (front and back) and bodywork straight out of Michael Bay's mind: one door scissors forward, the other rearward, and the front and rear shells tilt outwards. It's a slick little package, but we doubt Skyker would build it...at least not before paying off its student loans.

Check out the dramatic video after the jump for extra credits, and have your student ID number ready.

[Source: Motor Authority/autoblog]

+ YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
    Attached Files

Nice concept, but I prefer the current Spyker range.

And two VR6s? So you can switch off one for fuel economy? This is a thoroughbred sportscar, not a family saloon.

Comment

Originally posted by SpykerOwner View Post
      I prefer the current Spyker range
      amen

Comment

I really like it

...but I'm not to sure about the doors opening in different directions or the advantageous of having 2 engines - surely one where , in city mode only say half the cylinders are firing would save both production costs and weight as well a provide for a better package (i.e. a 'boot' or 'trunk' as they say in the USA)

Comment

Working...
        X