Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Market Conditions...

Has anyone noticed??

In this rough economy here in the US, Spyker's have been able to increase in value. My Ferrari has seen a substantial hit in the last year while the Spyker has actually gone up. I am going out on a limb here and say that a Spyker that has been taken care up with 1000 miles or less on it would go for $180k in this market. Not bad considering last year you would be lucky to get $160k.

The possibility that the C8 will be discontinued soon as well as Spyker's great marketing efforts have helped their current owners out substantially. When you add in the increased financial stability (new money and partnerships) people begin to look past a lot of the superficial items. This is a great looking car, performs well, and is very exclusive. You could argue with me that the demise of Spyker would skyrocket the value of the C8 but that is not my point. This is not yet a collector's car. If it was (it will be) the low VINS would be going through the roof! The non-wide body cars are not yet at that point.

I know the majority of the owners on this board are not interested in selling their car--unless they can get a new one EXACTLY like they want it. The folks that bought one and put a few hundred miles on it are the ones that are selling at a great loss right now and I encourage those of you who have been "looking" to pay close attention to what the market does with this car. The only other exotic that has held its value is the Carrera GT... not bad company. Hell, I just spoke with my Ferrari guy and he can get me a 430 Spyker for STICKER in Q4. Used 430's (coupe's) are well under $200k. I saw one go for $180k last week with less than 3,000 miles. Great history and the only drawback was it was a 6 speed (which I prefer but you don't care what I like). Don't get me wrong--if you can only have one, definitely take a used Ferrari over the Spyker. That is, if you consider yourself to be a "driver". Remember, a Spyker is a piece of art and the 430 is a monster racing machine. =)

I'll get off my soap box now. I'm just really proud to be a part of the club here and I hope the rest of you see all the progress that has been made, as well as the progress that is being made. Buying a Spyker is finally a safe buy. Even with this crappy US economy, the market is still solid. Feel free to correct me if you think I missed the mark. I won't flame you (too much) =)

Dan

Originally posted by SpykerX3 View Post
    Has anyone noticed??

In this rough economy here in the US, Spyker's have been able to increase in value. My Ferrari has seen a substantial hit in the last year while the Spyker has actually gone up. I am going out on a limb here and say that a Spyker that has been taken care up with 1000 miles or less on it would go for $180k in this market. Not bad considering last year you would be lucky to get $160k.

The possibility that the C8 will be discontinued soon as well as Spyker's great marketing efforts have helped their current owners out substantially. When you add in the increased financial stability (new money and partnerships) people begin to look past a lot of the superficial items. This is a great looking car, performs well, and is very exclusive. You could argue with me that the demise of Spyker would skyrocket the value of the C8 but that is not my point. This is not yet a collector's car. If it was (it will be) the low VINS would be going through the roof! The non-wide body cars are not yet at that point.

I know the majority of the owners on this board are not interested in selling their car--unless they can get a new one EXACTLY like they want it. The folks that bought one and put a few hundred miles on it are the ones that are selling at a great loss right now and I encourage those of you who have been "looking" to pay close attention to what the market does with this car. The only other exotic that has held its value is the Carrera GT... not bad company. Hell, I just spoke with my Ferrari guy and he can get me a 430 Spyker for STICKER in Q4. Used 430's (coupe's) are well under $200k. I saw one go for $180k last week with less than 3,000 miles. Great history and the only drawback was it was a 6 speed (which I prefer but you don't care what I like). Don't get me wrong--if you can only have one, definitely take a used Ferrari over the Spyker. That is, if you consider yourself to be a "driver". Remember, a Spyker is a piece of art and the 430 is a monster racing machine. =)

I'll get off my soap box now. I'm just really proud to be a part of the club here and I hope the rest of you see all the progress that has been made, as well as the progress that is being made. Buying a Spyker is finally a safe buy. Even with this crappy US economy, the market is still solid. Feel free to correct me if you think I missed the mark. I won't flame you (too much) =)

Dan
    Don't forget that prices of European Spyker always have been high.
    On this moment the Dollar/Euro value is very interesenting for European buyers.
    So they also are on the US market (like myself).

Dutchdude
    Spykerowner #141
    sigpic

Comment

oh yeah, the 06's work nicely into the way your taxes work over there! But that is the same regardless of the car I guess. Anyways, it is all good for Spyker owners.

Comment

Working...
      X