• Show
Clear All

• #7 Ferrari 456 GT, 6 speed....

That hood is enormous, the back as close to a Daytona as you can get
    Attached Files
    Rijk

Comment

• Originally posted by amzamz View Post
      ... it's time now for my #3. The Alfa Romeo 6C. Just drove it around Saarbrucken and Monte Carlo. Still more to come... had a gearbox problem this Summer, unfortunately!
      That number 3 is out of this world
      Rijk

Comment

• #6 Ferrari 400i GT 5 speed. My first Ferrari. I went out to buy a new Imola Red BMW Z3M Coupe from Wide World of Cars, and came home with a Sera Blue Ferrari.

Had driven a 3 speed (GM) auto 400i from Gullwing and was very disappointed. So, I was ready to give up on the idea. At WWoC, there were three adjoining showrooms. I started at the BMW side, and test drove the Z3M, went to the middle showroom and sat in an Orange Miura (to my surprise, I did fit in there, and ended up on the Ferrari side with the 400i GT
        Attached Files
        Rijk

Comment

• I quite liked the 456 I drove - borrowed one for a weekend. Unfortunately Joseph managed to vomit in both of the rear seats, which put me off the car a bit, but it drove nicely. An investment oppty now as is the 400i..

Comment

• #5 2008 Ferrari F430 Spider F1. The only Ferrari I bought new, spec-ed to my own liking, Trying to get at the opposite spectrum of the Spyker.

However, that spec did not work out too well. Every single time I stood in front of the garage, and had to choose if I was going to take the Spyker or the Ferrari for a drive, I invariably took the Spyker....
            Attached Files
            Rijk

Comment

• I liked the F430 a lot. But I prefer #107 too

Comment

• Actually, the F430 made me aware that the modern sportscars are too good. They can do amazing things at amazing speeds. But at real life speeds on public roads, you can only use a small part of the capabilities before you get into big trouble, or dead....

A Spyker, or for that matter, an Elise are so much more fun to drive. At or "around" street legal speeds, you are using a much bigger range of the capabilities. All these super and hypercars can only be used on the track if you want to get the excitement....

The Ferrari 360 was the last Ferrari that had the right balance between capabilities and enjoyment. However tempting the new Ferraris are with their beautiful design, I will (try to) never get a new Ferrari again
                Rijk

Comment

Working...
                X