No announcement yet.

Spyker Keydates 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ah yes, that's right. But I got that text straight from a report from Spyker. We should notify Spyker haha :lol:
    The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Brooklands Double Twelve revival

... I think Spyker should seriously consider to show up at the Brooklands Double 12 revival in June! Website is here. A small company display, including company history (Double 12) and perhaps even one of the C8 Double 12s would make sense...

Is there any historic Spyker in existence which raced at the Double 12 events? That car should urgently go and be on display, or even performing! Saab might have a wind tunnel for Spyker's GTR, I would hope they also could support this sort of thing...

At the last event in 2008 I was the only Spyker there, and I had to go into "everybody's parking".
      Attached Files
      Last edited by amzamz; 02-05-2010, 10:00.

Comment

I think I just have found THE Spyker for you

Spyker Type C-4 Tenax 1922.

I've got my information from a Dutch book, called: Autotron.

I've attached the article and a picture
        Attached Files
        Olav

Instagram
        https://www.instagram.com/3stfotografie/?hl=nl

Comment

Goodwood Festival of Speed is only 2 weeks away, anyone going?

Comment

Olav, you are too funny!

Spyker Type C-4 Tenax 1922 for amzamz! It's a natural fit! :lol:
            With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

Originally posted by OnTheLam View Post
              Olav, you are too funny!

Spyker Type C-4 Tenax 1922 for amzamz! It's a natural fit! :lol:
              What do you mean with funny ? Or do you mean it positive ?

I thought amzamz was serious ?

So I remembered that there actually WAS a Spyker who fitted the profile

I'll quote and translate the important piece of text:

"Among the successes is breaking the record at the English Brooklands Circuit, that by Spyker in 1922 was set on 2860 kilometres"
              Last edited by Aiglos91; 24-06-2010, 22:21.
              Olav

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Aiglos91 View Post
                Great find! For the non-Dutch: in 1922 that particular Spijker set the 24h world record on the Brooklands circuit (2860 km)!

Comment

What do you mean with funny ? Or do you mean it positive ?

I thought amzamz was serious ?

I'll quote and translate the important piece of text:

"Among the successes is breaking the record at the English Brooklands Circuit, that by Spyker in 1922 was set on 2860 kilometres"
                  Olav, yes, positive! And yes, I think amzamz is the right guy for the car!
                  With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

Originally posted by OnTheLam View Post
                    Olav, yes, positive! And yes, I think amzamz is the right guy for the car!
                    oke :lol:

The only problem is where to find a car like this..
                    Olav

Instagram

Comment

I am not sure how many Spykers of this type have been built. If there is only the one, not much chance to get it! However, a correct replica would be an option. Would probably be doable for 150,000 $ through some workshops in Argentina. I am not sure the original car would be available for taking measures (and taking it to pieces to see every detail).

(edit: it looks like there were 4 Spyker C4 "Tenax" made, equipped with 5.8L Maybach engines, only one was a race car)

On the other hand, the 4WD 60HP would also be very tempting.
                      Last edited by amzamz; 25-06-2010, 12:38.

Comment

oke :lol:

The only problem is where to find a car like this..
                        Isn't this one still in the hands of Autotron Rosmalen?

Comment

Originally posted by IVR007 View Post
                          Isn't this one still in the hands of Autotron Rosmalen?
                          As far as I can see on their site, the oldtimers (incl the Spyker) are now in possession of the Louwman collection.
                          So I checked THEIR site as well () but I can see that they don't have the Spyker. They only have a 1921 Spyker C4 (but not the one on the picture I have showed you)

Quote:
                          Wij attenderen u erop dat het automuseum en het pretpark tijdelijk gesloten zijn. Autotron Rosmalen is nu een beurzen- & evenementenaccommodatie. De voormalige collectie oude auto’s van Autotron Rosmalen is nu te zien in het Nationaal Automobiel Museum Louwman te Den Haag. Medio 2010 zal het nieuwe pand van de Louwman Collection open gaan. Meer informatie is te vinden op Louwman Collection - Nationaal automobiel museum. Kinderen kunnen nu hun rijbewijs halen en lekker crossen in Speelland Beekse Bergen.

Translate:

The collection oldtimers can now be seen at the National Automobile Museum Louwman in The Hague.

EDIT:

I've done some quick research, and I came across this file: http://www.maybach.org/download/vintage.pdf
                          On page 4, it says that the C4 Tenax is in hands of Autotron Rosmalen.
                          Maby it would be wise to contact Autotron Rosmalen, to find out what happened with that C4.
                          Last edited by Aiglos91; 25-06-2010, 18:06.
                          Olav

Instagram

Comment

... interestingly, this historic Spyker C4 had a Maybach W2 engine! For some reasons, Spyker didn't purchase all they initially ordered, and therefore, Maybach had to produce cars for the remaining W2 to offset part of the cost...

Looking at the attempt to link modern Spykers to its history, like the propeller logo or the Vuitton cases, the modern cars (e.g., Peking-Paris) should perhaps use one of these Maybach engines:

...a 6.0L V12 bi-turbo engine, producing 604 bhp (450 kW) and 737 lb·ft (999 N·m) of torque, like the Maybach 57S

...or how about a HL230 P45 engine, V12, 23Litre (!!!), producing 700 bhp at 3,000rpm and 1,850 Nm at 2,100rpm (as used for Tiger tanks in WW II). :lol: source I am not sure it would actually fit.... :lol:
                            Last edited by amzamz; 28-06-2010, 00:19.

Comment

Originally posted by amzamz View Post
                              ... should perhaps use one of these Mybach engines:

...a 6.0L V12 bi-turbo engine, producing 604 bhp (450 kW) and 737 lb·ft (999 N·m) of torque, like the Maybach 57S
                              I like this idea!!

Comment

On July 18, 2010 STORAS Spyker Squadron will take part in the annual Bavaria Moscow City Racing show near the Kremlin walls.

"König Motor Club, Spyker’s authorized distributor has confirmed its interest, so organizers hope that Spyker appearance at Bavaria Moscow City Racing might be one of the 2010 show jewels."
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X