Official Spyker Owner Forum

Go Back   Official Spyker Owner Forum > Spyker Enthusiasts - Public Forum > Unofficial Spyker Register

Old 31-07-2010, 22:20
Spyker Owner #207 (former owner #107)

#259 - C8 Aileron - White / Tobacco

Yesterday we saw #259 at CPP. They use this car to update continuously with the production parts. Between the first real Aileron and this one, a thousand parts have changed. Calling the orange Aileron a pre-production car, is a misnomer. It is just a driving prototype.

Our visit to CPP was very inspiring. We did not get to see everything, but there were quite a few Aileron bodies around. Just as many as Aston Martin 1/77 bodies they were producing.

Brendan O'Toole is just the best supporter for Spyker and his skills are a great asset.

Old 31-07-2010, 22:24
Administrator

Interesting

Hope to see the end result soon (#260?)
Old 31-07-2010, 22:30
Spyker Enthusiast

Geat new Rijk, it's about time we see some new and factory fresh Aileron's!

I remember seeing pictures of a black C8 Aileron with a black dash and bi-color interior ...could be that this car was #259!?
Old 31-07-2010, 22:45
Spyker Owner #207 (former owner #107)

There was no interior in this car, so I don't know. But somehow, I expect that this car has had a Spyker interior installed.

Old 31-07-2010, 23:53
Spyker Enthusiast

Thanks Rijk! Do you have any info on other ailerons, or are they all still in a body in white stage? I know that one silver-white aileron with turquoise interior will be or is being build... can you confirm?

Btw, maybe this car has become #259 (picture #4).
Old 01-08-2010, 00:03
Spyker Enthusiast

So if I understand it correctly no 'real' (customer) Aileron's have been build yet? Only prototypes & pre-production cars?
Old 01-08-2010, 12:59
Spyker Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Reddingius
So a thousand parts having been changed, does that affect the car's overall looks in any way? When do you guess we'll see the first ailerons in the wild?
Old 01-08-2010, 15:01
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddingius View Post
So a thousand parts having been changed, does that affect the car's overall looks in any way?
My bet is that the thousands parts were fitted to improve handling, braking, quality and so on.
Old 01-08-2010, 15:23
Spyker Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by F Spider View Post
Yesterday we saw #259 at CPP. They use this car to update continuously with the production parts. Between the first real Aileron and this one, a thousand parts have changed. Calling the orange Aileron a pre-production car, is a misnomer. It is just a driving prototype.

Our visit to CPP was very inspiring. We did not get to see everything, but there were quite a few Aileron bodies around. Just as many as Aston Martin 1/77 bodies they were producing.
I'm sorry, but this is not inspiring at all. The Aileron made its debut at the Geneva show in March of 2009! Here we are, August of 2010 now, and still no production Ailerons, when we were told that CPP had begun production this past March. I am guessing that the switch to GM power is now causing further delays?

Spyker is in danger of squandering a fantastic opportunity that they have earned, with all the publicity they have gotten from the purchase of Saab. To date we have only seen about three 2010 cars, and those have been the "old" C8. Spyker had better start turning out some cars, or people are going to lose faith, cancel orders, etc. The year end report should be very interesting indeed.
Old 01-08-2010, 15:49
Spyker Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpykerOwner View Post
My bet is that the thousands parts were fitted to improve handling, braking, quality and so on.
may only a different engine.....just joking..