Official Spyker Owner Forum

Go Back   Official Spyker Owner Forum > Spyker Enthusiasts - Public Forum > Unofficial Spyker Register

Old 01-08-2010, 17:01
Spyker Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddingius View Post
So a thousand parts having been changed, does that affect the car's overall looks in any way? When do you guess we'll see the first ailerons in the wild?
A car has thousands and thousands of parts (most of which you can't see). So changing 1.000 parts doesn't has to be noticable.
Old 01-08-2010, 17:05
Spyker Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattjs33 View Post
I'm sorry, but this is not inspiring at all. The Aileron made its debut at the Geneva show in March of 2009! Here we are, August of 2010 now, and still no production Ailerons, when we were told that CPP had begun production this past March. I am guessing that the switch to GM power is now causing further delays?

Spyker is in danger of squandering a fantastic opportunity that they have earned, with all the publicity they have gotten from the purchase of Saab. To date we have only seen about three 2010 cars, and those have been the "old" C8. Spyker had better start turning out some cars, or people are going to lose faith, cancel orders, etc. The year end report should be very interesting indeed.
+1

This is taking a pretty long time. And I guess that the promotour Spyker did last year will be complete waste of money when they won't be able te deliver cars fast! They have stated a few times that the production already started, but that is clearly not the case...

PS In a few weeks time the halfyear results will be presented. So I guess we will learn some thing then.
Old 01-08-2010, 17:40
Spyker Owner #207 (former owner #107)

I would love to see Ailerons on the road, but developing a car takes 5 years, from concept sketch to production ready. With the SWB, development was really done on customers cars.

Spyker cannot afford to do this on the fly any more, and the car needs to be fully engineered before the series gets produced. They will be held go a much higher standard.

As I understand it, the result will be quite sophisticated, even with the existing Audi engine.

Old 01-08-2010, 17:46
Spyker Enthusiast

That seems logical, but they keep promissing the Aileron is coming (or is in production). Customers are getting irritated (I guess) of they simply loose interest.

The first time we heard about the Aileron was in March '08 (project started at the end of '07?) so at the end of 2012/start of 2013 the Aileron should be ready?
Old 01-08-2010, 18:08
Spyker Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by F Spider View Post
I would love to see Ailerons on the road, but developing a car takes 5 years, from concept sketch to production ready. With the SWB, development was really done on customers cars.

Spyker cannot afford to do this on the fly any more, and the car needs to be fully engineered before the series gets produced. They will be held go a much higher standard.
That is the reality they face. And of course, the Aileron will only be a hit if it is fully sorted, and is what they promised. However, at the Aileron's debut in Geneva, Spyker announced that production would begin in May. Of 2009.

Being in business myself, I always feel it is better to under-promise and over-deliver than it is the other way around. Spyker has been particularly mum on any subjects other than Saab since the purchase was finalized. It is understandable that the Saab deal is consuming a lot of time and resources as it is a fairly big deal. But if Spyker is still developing the Aileron, then they should not have been suggesting that Aileron production was imminent.
Old 01-08-2010, 19:09
Administrator

Trust me: Spyker Cars wants to get the Aileron on the road even more than we do. But a lot has changed since the world première in Geneva.

The most important thing is that in the end we will have a fabulous Aileron we will all be proud of.
Old 02-08-2010, 19:24
Spyker Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpykerOwner View Post
The most important thing is that in the end we will have a fabulous Aileron we will all be proud of.
True! Maybe they've checked whether some basic parts like a windscreen wiper motor could have been replaced with stuff from Saab. Those things could lower the price of building an aileron significantly. Just a thought.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:41
Spyker Enthusiast

#259 is at Geneva Motorshow and is now white.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:57
Spyker Enthusiast

Thanx Matthias!
Old 04-03-2011, 23:50
Spyker Enthusiast

Looking at this photo, it seems that the rear wind shield can be opened like a hatch...